- Minimum of 30 credits of graduate work in approved program of study for the concentration.
- Minimum of 24 credits must be earned at Colorado State University, 21 of which must be at the 500-level and earned after formal admission to the University.
- Minimum of 21 credits earned at Colorado State must be in 500-level or higher.
- 12 credits must be of core courses, 9 credits of depth courses, 6 credits of technical electives, and 3 credits of independent study.
- No independent study, research, internship, supervised college teaching, or practicum credits may be credited toward the degree.
- No more than two courses at the 400-level taken at Colorado State University are permitted.
- No more than two 500-level or higher graduate courses may be transferred from another accredited university.
- Electives or course substitutions must be approved by an academic advisor.
- Either ENGR 695 must be completed or an appropriate 3 credit (at a minimum) course that is consistent with the student's plan of study must be completed as approved by the Program Advisor.
The program begins by establishing a strong foundation in systems engineering and concludes with independent study. After completion of four core courses, you will complete depth courses, electives, and then the independent study. You are encouraged to start with ENGR 501 but can take the remaining courses in any order. At least four courses applicable to the degree will be offered each fall and spring semester, and students typically enroll in no more than two classes per semester.
Course delivery options allow you to study when and where it works best for you, whether that be streaming the lecture from your computer while it's happening live on campus or watching a recorded version at a time more convenient for you.
Core Courses (12 credits)
Courses in Depth (9 credits)
View a list of suggested electives. This list is not exhaustive. If you find a graduate-level technical course that pertains to your professional goals and/or the systems engineering field, please contact the SE program to check if it may apply as an elective.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions pertaining to coursework or advising.
Independent Study (3 credits)