Prepare the materials below and upload when you apply online:
Three letters of recommendation: You will provide information about your recommenders in the online application. CSU will contact them with instructions and a link to a secure form they will submit on your behalf. Request letters from at least two of the following:
- Previous or current college/university instructors
- Previous or current immediate professional supervisors
- Observers other than supervisors who can verify the professional or intellectual expertise of the applicantNote: Letters from friends, relatives or character witnesses are considered only supplemental to the three required reference letters
Resume: Outline the professional employment, collegiate work, and any publications, exhibitions, service activities, prizes, awards and other recognitions.
Statement of purpose: Compose a short response (250 words or less) to each of the four prompts below. Your narrative and written communication skills will be evaluated by faculty in the Master of Natural Resources Stewardship program.
- Describe your motivation for completing this degree. How will this coursework-intensive degree program contribute to achieving your goals?
- How will your past experiences benefit and inform the specialization to which you are applying?
- Success in graduate school takes commitment, time management, the ability to collaborate with others, and the ability to self-reflect on your own performance. Describe your strengths and weaknesses in these areas, how you would apply these in graduate school, and what steps you plan to take to help you grow in these areas.
- Describe your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, including your past learning and contributions and/or future plans to support the CSU community commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage you to share specific example(s) of how you have helped create an environment where differences are valued, encouraged and supported.