As a student in CSU’s online mechanical engineering master’s program, you receive the same education, learn from the same faculty, and earn the same regionally accredited degree as students on campus. Additionally, you can expect:
- A Focus on Materials Engineering:Through advanced coursework and fieldwork preparation, learn to assess, determine, and test the structures and properties of materials for various engineering projects and disciplines while balancing other influential factors, such as environmental impacts, financial restraints, and design limitations.
- A Customizable Curriculum: Our coursework-only mechanical engineering master’s allows you the flexibility to select 12 elective credits that best suit your educational and professional goals.
- Instruction from Expert Faculty: Be at the forefront of mechanical engineering technology by learning from active scholars who incorporate their innovative research into coursework. Our faculty are both skilled educators and industry professionals leading the way in fields like photovoltaics, biomaterials, and more.
- Training to Meet Industry Demand: According to a recent study by EMSI, mechanical engineering is among the top occupations facing potential skill shortages. Prepare to meet industry demand with both depth and breadth of knowledge and an enhanced skill set with this advanced degree.
- A Degree with Broad Applicability: Because mechanical engineering is one of the broadest of the engineering disciplines, it can apply to a wide range of industries, including: healthcare, renewable energy, manufacturing materials, aerospace, automotive design, and more. Such broad applicability allows you greater choice when exploring employment opportunities.
- An Applied Learning Experience: Be ready to face complex industry challenges with our practitioner-oriented mechanical engineering degree. Faculty bring personal and real-world experiences into the online classroom in the form of case studies and projects to help you develop the technical skills needed for fieldwork practice.
Learn more about CSU's rankings and accolades.