As a student in CSU’s online Kodály music education master’s program, you learn from the same faculty who teach in our campus program, and earn the same regionally accredited degree as students on campus. Additionally, you can expect a program that offers:
- A Unique Approach to Music Education: Create a music classroom your students don’t want to leave. Learn concepts and skills to help instill an appreciation for music through the incorporation of games, movement, folk arts, and cultural heritage.
- A Hands-On Learning Experience: The two-week Colorado Kodály Institute summer session brings together students and respected music educators to apply theory and research to real-world scenarios. By practicing teaching techniques with local elementary students, you can measure the effectiveness of newly learned methods.
- Convenience and Flexibility: Designed to fit a teacher’s schedule, you are able to take online coursework during the school year, and complete on-campus sessions during the summer — allowing you to work full-time while pursuing a master’s in music.
- The Opportunity to Gain a Competitive Edge: As a graduate who holds a Master of Music and a national Kodály teaching certification, you will possess advanced knowledge of music theory and have a unique skillset, both highly revered in the profession.
- Instruction from Expert Faculty: In addition to being experienced educators — some with more than 30 years of teaching experience — our faculty are leaders in national professional organizations, and active professional musicians.
Learn more about CSU's rankings and accolades.