As a student in CSU’s Master of Education and teacher licensure program, you receive a degree from a regionally accredited, renowned research institution while taking courses at times and locations that fit your busy life. Additionally, you can expect:
- Two Areas of Focus Options: Prepare for a variety of career settings by choosing to focus in one of our two areas of endorsement: early childhood education (birth through age eight) and secondary education.
- A Hands-On Learning Experience: Gain real-world experience through a total of 15 weeks of student teaching internships in local school districts. Refine your skills as an educator while receiving valuable guidance from faculty mentors and teaching professionals.
- The Ability to Finish in One Year: Earn your Master of Education and Colorado teacher licensure in as a little as 12 months through our intensive program. Completion of the program within a year is dependent on a summer start date and requires that prerequisite coursework is completed before starting.
- Instruction from Expert Faculty: Become a successful school leader by learning from active scholars who incorporate their experience as administrators and teachers into coursework. Our faculty are skilled educators with industry expertise, providing you with academic preparation and practical day-to-day knowledge.
- A Strong Tie to Local School Districts: Because our master’s in education program partners with local school districts, we evaluate our student teachers in the same way as district teachers are being evaluated. This benefits our graduate students as they obtain local teaching jobs because they are prepared to meet district expectations, while districts can rely on the quality of teachers graduating from our program.
- A Cohort Model: The same group of students goes through the program together, offering a cohesive support structure and built-in professional network.
Learn more about CSU's rankings and accolades.