As a student in CSU’s Master of Education and principal licensure program, you receive a degree from a regionally accredited, renowned research institution while taking courses at times and locations that fit your busy life. Additionally, you can expect:
- The Ability to Finish in One Year: Earn your Master of Education and principal licensure in as a little as 12 months while maintaining your full-time career. Our program offers two options: complete your Master of Education and principal licensure in 33 credit hours over the course of four semesters. Or, if you already hold a master’s degree, you can complete the principal licensure-only in 24 credit hours over the course of three semesters.
- Training to Become a Leader: This curriculum, grounded in leadership-centric coursework, prepares you to make a bigger impact in education with training in subjects such as school resource management, climate and culture, leadership and ethics, curriculum development, school law, supervision evaluation, and much more.
- A Cohort Model: Since the same group of students goes through the program together, this educational leadership degree offers a cohesive support structure and built-in professional network.
- Instruction from Expert Faculty: Become a successful school leader by learning from active scholars who incorporate their experience as administrators and teachers into coursework. Our faculty are skilled educators with industry expertise, providing you with academic preparation and practical day-to-day knowledge.
- A Practical Training Opportunity: Complete a required 300-hour internship in which you will build your principal portfolio based on Colorado’s principal quality standards. This hands-on experience allows you to apply the theories learned in the classroom to real-world scenarios.
- Career Development Opportunities: Develop your leadership skills to become a facilitator of educational change through potential roles like superintendent, principal, and others. The educational community’s respect for our graduates is visible in the fact that almost every school in all of our partner school districts have at least one of our program’s graduates in a leadership role.
Learn more about CSU's rankings and accolades.