The Master of Communications and Media Management program utilizes a hybrid course delivery method. Students take one face-to-face and one online course per semester in a cohort model that can be completed in six semesters.
Core communications classes meet once a week at the Denver Learning Center, with the potential to schedule additional meetings via teleconferencing. Elective coursework is completed online. Students earn 30 credits over four semesters plus two summer sessions. The program features intensive twelve-week terms in fall and spring, and summer sessions are four to six weeks in length.
Required core courses
- JTC 526 – Digital Media Writing and Production (3 cr., summer)
- JTC 560 – Managing Communication Systems (3 cr., spring)
- JTC 640 – Technologies of Public Communication (3 cr., fall)
- JTC 545 – Organizational Media Production (3 cr., summer)
- JTC 571 – Digital Media Research & Evaluation Methods (3 cr., fall)
- JTC 573 – Strategic Digital Communication (3 cr., spring)
Students must complete four elective communication classes online and two must be 500-level courses.