All courses are delivered online via our learning management system called Canvas. The system allows you to watch recorded, campus-based lectures, engage in course content and communicate with peers online. Courses are asynchronous, allowing you to study at the time that best fits your schedule. Take a look at this engineering course capture to get a feel for the online student experience in our programs.
In your courses you will:
- View recorded campus-based lectures online
- Download and review lecture notes
- Complete assigned and optional readings
- Communicate and exchange ideas with instructors and fellow students through chat rooms, threaded discussions, and email
- Complete individual projects and collaborate on group projects
- Study for and complete exams
- Write course-related papers
Although the online format of this degree offers flexibility, it still requires the same amount of work and time as an on-campus graduate program. Depending on your learning and studying style, expect to spend nine to twelve hours per week on a three-credit course. This will vary depending on your learning and studying style.
Your interactions with faculty depend on the specific course, but generally, your instructors have online or telephone office hours and are available by email or via course discussion boards.
This online program allows you to earn your degree while maintaining your busy work and family schedules.
Is online and distance learning right for you? »