As a student in CSU's online applied statistics master's program, you receive the same education, learn from the same faculty, and earn the same regionally accredited degree as students on campus. Additionally, you can expect:
- The Ability to Graduate in One Year: With a unique eight-week subterm structure that culminates into a six-week capstone consulting experience, full-time students can graduate in less than a year. Part-time students have the flexibility to complete the program in two to four years.
- The Skills to Turn Data into Actionable Information: Utilize statistical techniques learned in our program to derive information from raw data. Through graphics and data visualization, communicate actionable information to those without statistical backgrounds to help organizations drive important decisions.
- A Degree That Applies to a Variety of Industries: Our program focuses on the practical application of statistics, equipping you with the skills necessary to be applied across industries in the private and public sectors, including finance, retail, banking, insurance, sports, health care, gaming and entertainment, nonprofit organizations, and government.
- Training to Meet Growing Industry Demand: Nearly every industry is in need of individuals who can analyze and make sense of large, related data sets. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that employment of statisticians will grow 27% from 2012-2022, a much faster rate than the average for all occupations.
- A Well-Rounded Education: Our core curriculum provides you with foundational coursework in linear models and methods, mathematical statistics, and probability.You will also study specialized topics in courses that cover a wide range of applied statistical models and methods in subjects such as spatial statistics, Bayesian statistics, data visualization, and time series analysis.
- Instruction from Expert Faculty: Gain the most up-to-date information in industry trends and statistical techniques from faculty who incorporate their active research projects and industry expertise into the curriculum. Faculty research interests include environmental monitoring, survey sampling, time series analysis, spatial statistics, big data analytics, and much more.
- A Hands-On Learning Experience: Through a six-week capstone consulting course, apply techniques you learn in the online classroom directly to the workplace. This practical experience allows for well-rounded training to solve real problems in science or any industry.
Learn more about CSU's rankings and accolades.