All courses are delivered online via our learning management system, Canvas. You are not required to 'attend' class at a given time, allowing you to work your studies into your existing schedule. The program can be completed in less than a year for full-time students and less than two years for part-time students. Although the online format of this degree offers flexibility, it still requires the same amount of work and time as an on-campus graduate program. The approximate time commitment per week for any 8-week course is 6 hours per credit, for a total of 12 hours for a 2-credit course. The total time may vary per student, but please plan for the minimum recommended time when taking the Subterm courses for the MAS Program.
In your courses you will:
- View recorded campus-based lectures online
- Download and review lecture notes
- Complete assigned and optional readings
- Communicate and exchange ideas with instructors and fellow students through chat rooms, threaded discussions, and email
- Use applications, such as R or SAS, to perform statistical analysis assignments
- Complete individual projects and collaborate on group projects
- Study for and complete exams
- Write course–related papers
Your interactions with faculty depend on the specific course, but generally, your instructors have online or telephone office hours and are available by email or course discussion boards.
More information about online learning »