Pets Forever seeks students wanting to make a difference in their communities for pets and "pet parents." Enrolled students will experience these benefits:
- the good feeling associated to giving to those in need
- getting outside and exercising
- meeting new people
- increasing their happiness
- the chance to build a great resume
Course Goal: Pets Forever helps studentss develop their interpersonal and communication skills while learning how to make a difference in their communities.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Based on firsthand experience, students will demonstrate the ability to make a difference in the lives of others, their comopanion animals, and their communities.
- Students will acquire communication techniques useful in working with vulnerable populations and the medical and animal care communities, and demonstrate these skills by developing effective relationships with Pets Forever clients.
- Students will acquire critical reasoning skills by being involves with the problem solving that naturally comes from working with a dynamically changing program and clientele.
- Students will demonstrate their abilitiy to evaluate and reflect upon their personal experiences of participating in the Pets Forever program.
HDFS 101 (Individual and Family Development) or PSY 100 (General Psychology) or SOWK 110 (Contemporary Social Welfare).
Textbooks and Materials
No textbook is required for this course.