This course helps students understand the process of gathering a health history from the client point of view. It outlines a process for gathering the history in a productive and efficient manner.
After completing this module, you will be better able to:
- Establish client rapport
- Create an atmosphere conducive for clients to share their story
- Establish an agenda for the appointment
- Generate and test hypotheses
- Negotiate a plan with your client
- Create a plan for follow-up and conclude the appointment
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Dr. Kogan, a licensed psychologist is an assistant professor of Clinical Sciences in the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences and the College Outcomes Assessment Coordinator. She is also an affiliate staff member of the University Counseling Center and the Psychological Counselor for veterinary students. She holds an M.S. degree in Experimental Psychology and a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology. Her areas of research include outcomes assessment and the human-animal bond.