What is sustainable leadership and how does it impact management? In this course you will learn some keys to effective leadership including critical thinking, persuasion, and problem solving techniques such as Sakichi Toyoda’s 5 Whys technique. Your decision making skills will be put to use as you explore practical lessons and activities that require critical thinking about leadership strategies.
Effective leaders are those who know how to navigate change and assist in adapting the organization to the ever-evolving world in which we live in. Effective leaders possess a multitude of characteristics that get work done and inspire confidence in their employees. This course explores the many factors that assist in making a leader effective and will encourage you to think critically on how effective leadership impacts management organizations.
As a result of completing this course about Sustainable Leadership, you will be able to:
1. Identify leadership characteristics that lend to effective, sustainability in an organization.
2. Recognize burnout symptoms and devise appropriate antidotes.
3. Use the 5 Whys technique for critical evaluation of problems.
4. Apply sustainable leadership concepts to management scenarios.
1. Recognize the signs of burnout
2. Devise a strategy to counter toxic leadership
3. Use basic reasoning skills for decision making
4. Differentiate between Honey Bee and Locust leadership strategies
5. Identify stages of your leadership career
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Textbooks and Materials
All materials are supplied within the online course.