Craving delicious, home-grown vegetables? Take this course to learn foundational principles for planning a vegetable garden, including planting times, layout design, soil preparation and fertilization, routine care, and frost protection tips.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Describe considerations in garden layout and planting times
- Describe block style layout in a raised bed garden design
- Explain construction and management of a basic raised bed garden
- Describe soil preparation and fertilization for the vegetable garden
- Describe routine garden care including mulching, irrigation, and water conservation
- Describe routine care for tomatoes
- Describe routine care for growing other vegetables
- Diagnose (identify and recommend management strategies for) common vegetable insects and diseases
- Describe methods for frost protection and microclimate modification
Students receive access to the course for 1 year from the time of registration to complete the course.
Noncredit courses do not produce academic credit nor appear on a Colorado State University academic transcript.
Please note that there are no refunds for open entry courses.