Communications for Conservation is a flexible, online graduate certificate tailored for professionals working in conservation-related career fields who are required to communicate on technical, scientific, and policy information, from media relations to public outreach to social and digital media engagement.
The program consists of six, two-credit courses. Each course features an accelerated, eight-week program of study. The curriculum encompasses content, resources, and activities informed by researchers and experts in conservation social science, environmental and science journalism, strategic communications, social media, marketing, and public relations. Students who complete the program will be able to:
- Write effectively on conservation and apply storytelling techniques for conservation presentations
- Produce media relations campaigns and materials, and prepare for interviews
- Plan social media strategies for conservation engagement
- Create communications strategies for conservation activities
- Implement crisis communications plans
- Develop conservation marketing messages and programs
- Prepare for and deliver political communications for conservation
Up to six credits from this program may be applied to the online Master of Tourism Management degree.
Note: You must be admitted to this program for the certificate to appear on your official University transcript.