Develop the competencies you need to successfully and ethically lead higher education institutions with a doctoral degree specializing in higher education leadership.
With this Higher Education Leadership Ph.D., you gain skills that can be applied immediately to professional challenges and issues. Coursework:
- Provides a comprehensive doctoral curriculum that develops the competencies needed to successfully and ethically lead higher education institutions
- Develops research knowledge and skills to enable practitioners and administrators to become scholars/practitioners who expand the knowledge base related to higher education organizations, practice, and outcomes
- Instills and/or reinforces a commitment to the crucial engagement of diversity
- Explores ways to strengthen a commitment to access, learning, institutional mission, quality, and educational outcomes
With the program's specific focus on universities and colleges, you become a more accomplished leader with the practical knowledge needed to advance your administrative leadership career in higher education.
- Distance education allows working professionals to obtain a doctorate while remaining employed full time.
- With a cohort structure, the same group of students begins, proceeds through, and completes the program together. This fosters support and allows you to network with others across the country who hold similar positions in higher education institutions.