Prepare for your certification exam with a program that has a 100% pass rate! Every one of our students passed the PHR exam and have earned their PHR designation due to the excellent preparation from this program.
As the human resource profession continues to evolve, HR professionals are taking on broader and more strategic responsibilities within their organizations. With this expanded role, it is critical that professionals stay up to date on core human resource principles and disciplines.
Take advantage of a Colorado State University education without having to come to campus or interrupt your work schedule. Our program is offered during convenient weekend and evening hours, and your registration includes the SHRM Learning System — a $695 value.
Come check us out! Choose from our 6- or 13-session programs which include six course modules and an extra day of instruction and free tutoring session to increase your chance of successfully passing the PHR/SPHR certification exams.
- Public recognition of professional achievement
- An aid for career advancement
- Increased self confidence
- An opportunity to distinguish yourself among other HR professionals
- A personal challenge
- Respect and credibility
This PHR/SPHR certification preparation program is designed for HR professionals who want a review before taking the PHR or SPHR certification exams, have increased responsibilities and want a broad-based refresher, or are returning to the field for an update of current practices. The program is also appropriate for PHR-level professionals seeking to upgrade their certification to a senior level.
Check out our frequently asked questions for more information and details on the certification exam.
Textbooks and Materials
This PHR/SPHR certification preparation program includes the following features and benefits:
- Content updates based on legislative updates and the most recent HR developments, as well as feedback from SHRM members and other subject matter experts.
- More than 1,500 questions so you can test your knowledge and better prepare for the certification exams.
- New interactive case study that focuses on real-life situations faced by HR professionals. You will apply learned concepts in eight different scenarios and work though questions for each.
- Two 200-question bonus tests that mimic the HRCI certification exam so you can hone your test-taking skills.
- Six module-specific workbooks that correlate with the HRCI Body of Knowledge. Each module contains progress check questions, a glossary of terms, and an index.
- SPHR Preparation Book that includes a complete overview of the SPHR exam and practice tests.
- E-flashcards to print or download.
- Access to the online resource center offering HR updates, test-taking tips, and links to valuable resources.
- Access to free webcasts based on Learning System content.
- New mobile study tools — the SHRM Learning System's online study tools are more portable and convenient than ever! Access custom-formatted online tests, flashcards, and resources using the browser on your iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pre, Windows Mobile, or Google Android device.
Debi Chernak, SPHR, is a human resources executive specializing in strategic and workforce planning, corporate and employment branding, HR and business management, recruiting and retention of top talent, employee relations and engagement, organization development, culture and values, performance enhancement, compensation, benefits, and legal compliance. An entrepreneur, executive, director, and consultant, Debi joined Unisyn Medical Technologies in May 2010 as Director of HR and Employee Engagement. Unisyn is a 200-employee, private equity-backed growth company that provides diagnostic imaging equipment service, parts, and repair to hospitals, clinics, and imaging centers across the country. The company resulted from the strategic mergers in Q4 2009 of Echoserve in Golden, CO; Sonora Medical Systems in Longmont, CO; and Barrington Medical Imaging in Cary, IL.
Since moving to Colorado from northern Virginia/Maryland in 1996, Debi has served as Director of HR, Branding, and Engagement with The Affinity Corporation; Director of Human Resources for Aztek Networks in Boulder; and VP, Human Resources and Administration for Live Wire Networks in Denver. She graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from the Sellinger School of Business and Management at Loyola College in Baltimore and holds a master's degree in Organizational Performance and Change from Colorado State University.
Gayle Henderson brings a broad background of knowledge to share with students. Her career experience encompasses industries including energy, automotive, professional services, and technology through roles in both management and human resources.
Her goals include aligning organizational practices with organizational goals to maximize business efficiencies and increase revenue while limiting liability exposure.
In addition to real-world experience, Gayle has a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing from Texas A&M University and a Master of Education in Organizational Performance and Change from Colorado State University. Gayle has been SPHR-certified since 2001.