CSU's online degree programs shine in U.S. News rankings
Posted Thursday, February 16, 2012
Colorado State University's online degree programs in engineering and computer information technology earned high marks in a recent U.S. News ranking of Top Online Education Programs.
U.S News & World Report, known for its annual education rankings, conducted its first-ever review of online programs for 2012 given the growing importance of online education in the college experience. Online graduate degree programs were ranked based on four criteria: admissions selectivity, student engagement and accreditation, student services and technology, and faculty credentials and training.
CSU ranked 5th in admissions selectivity, 6th in student services and technology, and 10th in faculty credentials and training among online engineering programs. U.S. News touted the access engineering students have to recorded lectures and online labs, as well as the quality of faculty who teach online engineering courses. CSU OnlinePlus currently offers online master's degrees in civil, systems, and biomedical engineering.
CSU ranked 2nd in three categories – admissions selectivity, student services and technology, and student engagement and accreditation – among online computer information technology programs. Again, the magazine recognized the convenience afforded to CIT students for accessing lectures and labs, as well as the quality of students who enroll in the program. CSU OnlinePlus currently offers master's degrees in computer information systems and computer science.
Other Programs Make the List
Online bachelor's degree programs and graduate education programs from CSU also appear on the U.S. News rankings, with the online education program taking 34th in student engagement and accreditation. View the complete rankings for CSU OnlinePlus programs.
CSU annually makes the list of top-tier universities in the magazine's "America's Best Colleges" rankings, placing 63rd among public universities in 2011. Last year, the University also received recognition for its commitment to developing writing skills in students. Read more about CSU's rankings.
« Return to news and events
Browse News and Events
- May 17, 2013
- Colorado State University Presents First OnlinePlus Innovative Educator Award
- January 25, 2013
- Colorado State University Introduces New Online Certificate to Help Food Business Entrepreneurs Navigate Government Regulations and Requirements
- November 21, 2012
- Colorado State University Announces Online Master of Tourism Management
- July 24, 2012
- Colorado State University Announces Two New Online Master of Engineering Degrees
- June 20, 2012
- Colorado State University’s Popular Organizational Performance and Change Master’s Degree Is Now Offered Online
- May 10, 2012
- Colorado State University Expands Online Master of Music Offerings with Two New Degrees
- April 5, 2012
- Biomedical breakthrough advances Alzheimer's research
- February 24, 2012
- Colorado State introduces online Master of Applied Statistics for Fall 2012
- February 16, 2012
- CSU's online degree programs shine in U.S. News rankings
- February 2, 2012
- Colorado State Introduces Online Student Affairs in Higher Education Master's Degree for Fall 2012
- January 27, 2012
- National soil and crop societies honor CSU students and faculty
- January 20, 2012
- CSU among the 'Best Values in Public Colleges 2012' ranked by Kiplinger's
- January 13, 2012
- Military Times Edge recognizes CSU as a "Best for Vets" school
- January 27, 2011
- A life in the binary world
- January 14, 2011
- Students Graduate from Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
- May 27, 2010
- Teacher Education Program at CSU Awarded Accreditation Status