CSU among the 'Best Values in Public Colleges 2012' ranked by Kiplinger's
Posted Friday, January 20, 2012
Colorado State University has been named to the Kiplinger's Personal Finance list of 100 best values in public colleges for 2011-12.
The ranking cites four-year schools that combine outstanding education with economic value.
An outstanding educational experience at a very reasonable cost
"This latest ranking is recognition that Colorado State University continues to provide outstanding educational experiences at a very reasonable cost," said Rick Miranda, provost and executive vice president at Colorado State. "We continue to have record enrollments of excellent students who are experiencing outstanding academic programs; and this is a tribute to our faculty who are not only dedicated to student success but who also bring more than $300 million in annual research expenditures into the university community. We strive to have an access-oriented tuition policy without compromising academic excellence, research, and service to the community."
Kiplinger’s assesses quality and affordability according to a number of measurable standards. This year, Kiplinger’s revamped the rankings to give more weight to academic value, such as the percentage of students who return for sophomore year and the four-year graduation rate. Cost criteria include low overall cost, abundant financial aid, and low average debt at graduation. While the criteria have shifted, the overall focus on value remains the same.
'Value' is more significant than ever
"As states cut funding for higher education and tuition continues to climb, the word 'value' is more significant than ever," said Jane Bennett Clark, senior editor at Kiplinger's Personal Finance. "This year's top 100 public schools deliver strong academics at reasonable prices. We applaud these institutions for tightening their belts without compromising quality."
The magazine ranking follows several other national recognitions at Colorado State this year.
« Return to news and events
Browse News and Events
- May 17, 2013
- Colorado State University Presents First OnlinePlus Innovative Educator Award
- January 25, 2013
- Colorado State University Introduces New Online Certificate to Help Food Business Entrepreneurs Navigate Government Regulations and Requirements
- November 21, 2012
- Colorado State University Announces Online Master of Tourism Management
- July 24, 2012
- Colorado State University Announces Two New Online Master of Engineering Degrees
- June 20, 2012
- Colorado State University’s Popular Organizational Performance and Change Master’s Degree Is Now Offered Online
- May 10, 2012
- Colorado State University Expands Online Master of Music Offerings with Two New Degrees
- April 5, 2012
- Biomedical breakthrough advances Alzheimer's research
- February 24, 2012
- Colorado State introduces online Master of Applied Statistics for Fall 2012
- February 16, 2012
- CSU's online degree programs shine in U.S. News rankings
- February 2, 2012
- Colorado State Introduces Online Student Affairs in Higher Education Master's Degree for Fall 2012
- January 27, 2012
- National soil and crop societies honor CSU students and faculty
- January 20, 2012
- CSU among the 'Best Values in Public Colleges 2012' ranked by Kiplinger's
- January 13, 2012
- Military Times Edge recognizes CSU as a "Best for Vets" school
- January 27, 2011
- A life in the binary world
- January 14, 2011
- Students Graduate from Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
- May 27, 2010
- Teacher Education Program at CSU Awarded Accreditation Status