Graphic Designer at OnlinePlus
Graphic Designer at Colorado State University OnlinePlus, Division of Continuing Education in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Colorado State University OnlinePlus seeks an innovative, organized, proactive, and creative graphic designer who’s able to follow existing creative guidelines, as well as embrace new concepts and ideas. Working closely with the creative and content manager as well as the assistant director of web marketing, the graphic designer is ultimately responsible for creating a wide range of online and print media, landing page and web design, internal communications, and graphic content such as icons and infographics.
- Work as part of a team to conceptualize campaigns, including online and print ads/collateral for specific degree and certificate programs, as well as overall branding
- Carry campaign concepts through all design work, including website design and social media identity
- Find photos; suggest layouts, fonts, and text treatments
- Enhance marketing HTML landing pages with creative imagery and design
- Work with web developers to create and maintain email templates that integrate with overall branding while rendering and performing correctly
- Create standard web graphics for online courses (i.e. course banner, page pattern and other items to be determined by the learning management system)
- Create custom or conceptual graphics for online games, study guides, applications, infographics, and more
- Apply principles of Universal Design for Learning to all graphics
- Work with vendors to provide any instruction or supervision required to smoothly complete production of approved design. Prepare files according to all required vendor specifications (colors, fonts, papers, sizes, etc.)
- Revise and modify design based on feedback from stakeholders, taking responsibility for ensuring all edits are completed with extreme attention to detail
- Achieve design that is cohesive in nature, and conveys a consistent message throughout, maintaining visual identity and consistent brand for a variety of programs
- Manage marketing materials print and mailing requests from marketing managers, program directors and departments
- Participate in any custom stock photography shoots
- Research design trends to stay informed and fresh
- Research target markets to know what kinds of design/photographs will speak to our audience
- Advise marketing team regarding best design practices and tactics
- Develop and nurture positive internal and external working relationships by providing good customer service, timely responses, professional behavior and work ethic, and representing the Division and CSU in a manner that builds trust and collaboration
- Be committed to continued learning and sharing of knowledge and skills as part of the marketing team culture
In addition to outstanding creative vision, success in this position requires an individual with an ability to build strong relationships, manage different work styles from various stakeholders, stay positive while working under pressure, and prioritize competing deadlines. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance CSU OnlinePlus’ commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The selected applicant will be able to balance creativity with process and detail-oriented thinking. They will possess a strong desire to develop an in-depth understanding of our diverse program offerings and how to design for them in the context of our competitors, industry, and marketing goals and objectives. She/he will strive to produce exceptional results and complete projects on tight deadlines with limited supervision and within an interdependent team environment. Experience designing for online higher education is also an advantage.
Position reports to: Creative and Content Manager
Primarily partners with: Creative and Content Manager, Assistant Director of Web Marketing, Assistant Director of Marketing Communications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in graphic design, multimedia, fine art, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Evidence of graphics design experience, including professional level knowledge in all elements of the Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator
- Experience preparing, producing, and submitting print and online advertising according to specific production standards and vendor specifications
- Demonstrated ability to design for the web, including online advertising
- Two (2) years professional graphic design experience
- Experience designing for online higher education
- Knowledge of design systems and typography
- Extreme attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Flash, and Microsoft Office products
- Experience in photography and videography
- Video editing experience
- Ability to draw
$42,000 - $48,000 annually plus benefits, which include tuition benefits, vacation time, sick leave, and ten holidays annually. A full description of benefits is available at http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/.
This position is located on the Colorado State University campus in Fort Collins, CO.
Deadline and Application Requirements
Applications are accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration, complete information must be received by July 7, 2014. Please submit a resume, cover letter that addresses all qualifications, and three work samples in at least two different mediums to email@example.com.
About CSU OnlinePlus
Colorado State University OnlinePlus, Division of Continuing Education, is a self-supporting unit that develops and delivers quality programs and educational opportunities in support of the University's land grant mission. CSU OnlinePlus offers 34 degrees, online and at a distance, as well as credit and noncredit courses, certificate programs, and custom training for businesses and industry. CSU OnlinePlus served over 12,200 student customers last year, offering educational programs throughout Northern Colorado, Denver, and via distance education using a variety of delivery methods. CSU OnlinePlus is made up of dynamic individuals working as a collegial team to deliver one of the best distance and online education values in the world.
About Colorado State University
Colorado State University is located in Fort Collins, a dynamic community of approximately 142,000, 65 miles north of Denver. At an elevation of 5,000 feet, Fort Collins averages 300 days of sunshine per year and has a clear, dry climate and generally pleasant temperatures. Situated on the western edge of the Great Plains and at the base of the Rocky Mountains, Fort Collins is ideally located for a variety of recreational, cultural, and family activities.
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.