Student Engagement Coordinator
This position will be responsible for providing excellent customer service in recruiting and building long-lasting, positive relationships with prospective and enrolled students in support of Colorado State University (CSU) OnlinePlus. The Student Engagement Coordinator will utilize a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to track and manage inquiries, manage follow-up contacts, and strategize ongoing communications to recruit students in the degrees, programs and courses offered by CSU OnlinePlus. This position is responsible for shaping the customer service experience for prospective students who contact CSU OnlinePlus, and helping them navigate through CSU's programs and processes. Professional interaction with internal and external students and campus partners is a key element of this position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two years professional work experience in an educational recruitment, sales, or business customer service environment that involved bringing in new customers, managing multiple clients, motivating them to action, and maintaining a relationship with them throughout a process
- Master's degree preferred
- Expertise applying software or using databases in the customer service or recruitment industry to manage multiple sales contacts or clients
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: marketing principles, customer service research and paradigms, higher education, recruitment processes, models, and strategies
- Possession of technology skills involved in the ability to use email and online system applications to retrieve information and track progress
- Experience in professional communication with customers through regular phone and e-mail communications
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Experience using organizational, planning, and management skills
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Previous experience in online education in either professional or personal capacity
- Assessing every student's needs and crafting individualized responses regarding each student's goals, conveying with complete accuracy the policies and regulations of CSU, of the Division of Continuing Education, and of each specific degree or certificate program.
- Assuming full responsibility for addressing student questions (which requires significant interaction with CSU department faculty and staff, the ability to troubleshoot and resolve specific issues, and tracking resolution of all issues) until a prospective student applies, registers, or decides not to pursue education through OnlinePlus.
- Independently conduct follow-up contact through outbound calling and emails to prospective students to assess their educational needs, explain the benefits and objectives of OnlinePlus programs, provide them with educational solutions that best match their individual needs, guide their navigation through the admission processes, and facilitate communication with program staff and department advisors where necessary
- Actively work toward recruiting and determining the educational fit of every student who contacts OnlinePlus by managing inquiries, making prompt and effective contact with prospective students, determining their goals and interests, and explaining CSU and OnlinePlus processes
- Use the CRM system to collect and utilize prospective students' information, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality according to FERPA guidelines, and send follow up communication (which includes maintaining detailed contact information, interests, preferences and communication history), and oversee data entry by staff as necessary
- Devise, implement, monitor, and dynamically reconfigure recruitment campaigns and outcome reports within the CRM
- Travel to education fairs, career fairs, information meetings, open houses, and other outreach events to market programs and conduct presentations
- Develop schedule for and text of messages for e-mail communications to prospective students regarding registration reminders, course updates, etc. to support increased enrollments; present communications to the Manager of Recruitment as well as program operations staff; and ensure that recruitment plan is integrated into overall organizational recruitment & retention plans as well as marketing communications plans
- In collaboration with Marketing, make recommendations for content within website and a variety of other communication channels to build and maintain relationships with prospective students; create a cohesive experience throughout all channels to achieve recruitment and customer service goals and outcomes
- Define recruitment goals based on program type, target market, student needs, and recruiting processes; monitor progress; and be accountable for goal achievement
- Develop recruitment tools and strategies, make recommendations for new processes as possible improvements are observed, and provide support to program directors in their recruiting efforts
- Conduct research and evaluate processes and available tools to identify new opportunities for recruiting students
- Able to work occasional irregular work hours, including nights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
$44,000 – $47,000 range commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration, complete information must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Mountain Time) on Sunday, May 10, 2015. To access application, please go to: http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/14751.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Colorado State University is located in Fort Collins, a dynamic community with a population of approximately 142,000, and situated 65 miles north of Denver, at an elevation of 5,000 feet on the western edge of the Great Plains and at the base of the Rocky Mountains. Averaging 300 days of sunshine per year, with low humidity and moderate winters, Fort Collins is ideally located for a variety of recreational, cultural, and family activities.
CSU OnlinePlus delivers Colorado State University programs, services, and experiences to students anywhere, in support of the University's outreach and access mission. To learn more about us, visit www.online.colostate.edu.