About the Position
This position will develop, support, and enhance relationships with students, staff, and faculty to support the needs and growth of transfer students admitted into online undergraduate degree programs offered by CSU OnlinePlus. The position will work closely with college and department advisors, the Registrar’s Office, Admissions staff, and the OnlinePlus Undergraduate team to assist prospective students to identify, document, and communicate transfer opportunities from community college programs and other colleges/universities into online and distance degrees offered through CSU OnlinePlus. The Pre-Admission Advisor will work with students across the globe with a variety of educational backgrounds that are interested in online undergraduate degrees, which currently include Liberal Arts, Agricultural Business, Human Development & Family Studies, Fire and Emergency Services Administration, and Psychology.
The purpose of this position is to achieve student access, persistence, and success from inquiry to admission and beyond. Work and continual training within the Registrar’s Office will continue throughout the appointment with CSU OnlinePlus.
A successful candidate for this position will possess a strong work ethic and show an aptitude and excitement for helping students to understand their needs and how their educational backgrounds may transfer into CSU, as well as provide quality customer service and transfer evaluation services. Successful candidates will demonstrate a positive, friendly, and detail-oriented and collaborative approach to providing pre-admission services to prospective students. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance CSU OnlinePlus’ commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The candidate must be willing and able to alternate her/his work hours once a week where start and end times remain constant week to week as required to support the organization’s goals of quality customer service. There may be times when s/he will be required to work or travel outside of scheduled work hours. This position is located on Colorado State University campus in Fort Collins, Colorado.
CSU OnlinePlus, Division of Continuing Education, is a self-supporting unit that develops and delivers quality programs and educational opportunities in support of the University's land grant mission. CSU OnlinePlus offers 34 degrees, online and at a distance, as well as credit and noncredit courses, certificate programs, and custom training for businesses and industry. CSU OnlinePlus served over 7,500 student customers last year and is growing at an average of 18% per year. CSU OnlinePlus offers educational programs throughout Northern Colorado, Denver, Loveland, and Brighton, at business sites, and via distance education using a variety of delivery methods. CSU OnlinePlus is made up of dynamic individuals working as a collegial team to deliver one of the best distance and online education values in the world.
The Colorado State University campus is located in the city of Fort Collins, the county seat of Larimer County. Fort Collins is a community of approximately 142,000 situated 65 miles north of Denver. Located at an elevation of 5,000 feet, Fort Collins has a clear, dry climate and generally pleasant temperature throughout the year and averages 300 days of sunshine. To learn more about Colorado State University OnlinePlus, visit www.online.colostate.edu.
- Provide and process tentative transfer evaluations for prospective and non-admitted students, answer questions, address individual concerns, and provide follow-up communications with students in support of their enrollment objectives;
- Determine transfer course equivalents using established guidelines and knowledge of CSU’s transfer equivalents ensuring specific equivalents meet the content knowledge of a category of core education requirements, upper division requirements, etc;
- Work with CSU OnlinePlus staff to implement and enhance efficient and effective pre-admission advising methods and strategies for prospective students;
- Discover, delineate, define, and communicate degree pathways for prospective students to transfer smoothly from their college/university programs to the online and distance degrees offered through CSU OnlinePlus;
- Advise students on the completion of the State of Colorado’s gtPathways curriculum and on courses that may be completed at other colleges and determine how those courses would transfer back towards CSU’s core education and degree program requirements;
- Develop, support, and enhance relationships with college and department advisors, prospective students, staff, and faculty to increase the number of successful CSU OnlinePlus undergraduate degree students;
- Communicate with faculty and staff departmental advisors to ensure a smooth transition from inquiry to admission;
- Employ record keeping systems, such as Tentative Transfer Evaluation timeline tracking, customer relationship management, advising, and degree audit reporting systems, to track conversion of prospective students and to document communications follow-up;
- Maintain updated knowledge of designated degree programs and courses, prepare reports, support overall recruiting and customer service, and perform liaison activities with assigned campus departments;
- Contribute to web content and related collateral materials through;
- Other duties as apparent or assigned.
$45,000 – $52,000 range commensurate with experience
- Bachelor’s degree or direct equivalent work experience in a degree audit, degree analyst, Registrar or Admissions office or similar position in a higher education setting;
- Institutional knowledge such as catalog review, transcript evaluation and Banner experience from CSU entities
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in academic advising or enrollment/student services experience in a higher educational setting;
- Experience working with a wide variety of internal and external constituents (co-workers, campus representatives, transfer students, parents, school officials, etc.) including students from low-income, first generation, and racially/ethnically diverse backgrounds;
- Possess strong written communication skills, demonstrated in application materials.
- Master’s degree;
- At least one year of direct experience in academic advising related to transfer evaluation for undergraduate students;
- Experience in advising online or distance students in a higher education setting;
- High level of comfort with technology and data in the service of program evaluation;
- Experience with transfer recruitment and outreach, including direct outreach to students;
- Knowledge and ease with digital information and electronic communications. Interest and comfort in communicating via technology and in using technology to track data;
- Have the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced work environment and handle a significant amount of deskwork while effectively and efficiently working with deadlines and changing priorities;
- Possess excellent communication skills; be able to occasionally make presentations to a variety of internal and external audiences; demonstrated experience writing reports and documentation of policies and procedures.
Deadline & Application Materials
Applications will be considered until the position is filled; however, for full consideration, complete information must be received by Monday, November 4 , 2013. Please submit a cover letter (no longer than two pages) addressing the qualifications of the position and resume. References will be requested at the time of interviews. Presentations will be required for on-campus interviews. Send applications electronically to: email@example.com.
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services Fort Collins, CO.
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.